Again I tell you, if two of you join your voices on earth to pray for anything whatever, it shall be grated you by my Father in heaven. Where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)
The Prayer Quilt Ministry brings comfort & prayers to those seriouslly ill, undergoing medical care, suffering emotional distress or having a special need, by making and gifting prayer quilts to remind them of God's infinite love, mercy and healing.
We start the Circle of Love witth a weekly prayer at 10:30 am, which gives everyone time to arrive. We gather together to pray for healing for all our recipients through each part of our ministry from buying the fabric, cutting it, creating the beautiful quilt, adding the beautiful prayers, sewing it together, adding the backing, tying it and binding it all together. We've had many testimonies about how our prayer quilts have affected so many who have received them. We take the time at noon to break bread for lunch. The Queen's Bee Quilters feel that every stitch and know is a prayer lifted up. The Holy Spirit is alive and well in our ministry.
We often hold special workshops to work on patriotic/military quilts, or items for the boutique. We do not sell our prayer quilts.
Our Prayer Quilts have also been a way to evangelize and show our Lord's love to all those in need.
Over the years, we have been able to give out over 200 quilts per year. We receive many notes of appreciation and affirmation of God's promise of His love. Each prayer quilt has been delivered in a timely manner.
- Support the Knights of Columbus with quilts for their fund raisers, i.e., Valentine Dance, Lenten Fish Fry, Fall Luncheon quilt and New Year's Dance.
- Mary Queen Spring Festival with donation to their "Live Auction".
- Support the Women's Ministry with donations to their Annual Brunch, Fall Luncheon Silent Auction & Christmas Bazaar. A Christmas quilt is donated for their Quilt Raffle.
- Queen's Bee Boutique Booth at the Fall Luncheon & Christmas Bazaar enables fundraising to support our ministry supplies.
- 4th of July Military/Patriot Quilts displayed and then delivered to VA hospital in conjunction with the KC's.
- Christmas Serra Dinner Quilt donation.
- Various other ministry or organizations, i.e., Special Friends, Catholic Charities, ACTS Bible covers, 2014 Foundation for Life, Quilts of Valor for Bolivia and Brooks Army hospital in San Antonio, ACCW Baby Shower, pillow cases for victims of Texas fires, 10 quilts for Sisters of Villa de Mattel, memorial quilts in place of flowers, and others.
- Support the Food Pantry through our 'Rice & Bean' project.
- We gift annual donation to Mary Queen Church in appreciation for our successful fundraisers.
- Participate with the Knights of Columbus quilt fundraiser at the Annual Fall Luncheon.
- Participate with the Women's Ministry with the Fall Silent Auction and Christmas Bazaar Quilt Raffle.
- Participate in many of the parish receptions and/or activities offered in the Main Hall.
- The Queen's Bee Boutique is present at the Women's Ministry Annual Fall Luncheon and Christmas Bazaar to sell many of our items that support the gifting of all of the prayer quilts, and other quilts gifted for various ministries and fundraisers. It is the Boutique sales that enable us to purchase fabrics, other necessary supplies and still donate to our church.
- Quilters are always ready to step up and assist when help is needed.
- Individual members support the Lenten Fish Fry, May Festival, 4th of July Celebration (making patriotic quilts), the Fall Luncheon, the Christmas Bazaar, Social Events and Dances, church receptions and other activities as needed.
- Everyone is welcome and encouraged to choose what they would like to do. No one is assigned, 'You choose where you belong." We receive many graces through our works.
||Sara C. Genoa ~ email@example.com~ 281-482-6562
||Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
||Parish Center Mini Hall
Mary Queen Catholic Church - Friendswood, Texas
Last Updated: October 5, 2015